Monday, March 19, 2007

Where is my appa?

Yesterday my husband (appa) decided to shave off his mustache. Kutti who's always seen him with a mustache - now refused to recognise him. She would cling to me and cry whenever he came near. Now and then she would remember and point to below her nose and say 'Appa...appa'...so I told her that if she called it, it would come. So she's been doing 'va va va...' all day!!! Today after a lot of cajoling, she's going to appa again. And, yes - she's learnt another word - meesai (mustache in Tamil):)

3 comments:

B o o said...

Ha ha! Now Im wondering if I should ask my dad to shave of his mush and experiment with Ashu!! ;) Looking forward to read more about Kutti!

Gauri said...

:-)))

You really took me down memory lane with that one.

When my daughter was around 2 the same thing happened - hubby shaved off his mustache and she refused to even go near him.

Phew !!

Miniyamma said...

Now that the mush is back - she points to it and happily says - 'meechey'. But she also points to my lips and asks 'meechey' :(((